Where do I find curtains and wallcoverings samples?
You can visit our showroom at No. 22, Street 19A, An Phu - An Khanh Urban Area, An Phu Ward, District 2, Ho Chi Minh City. The showroom displays samples of curtains, wallcoverings, and curtain accessories. Or, we will have Bonario specialists deliver samples to customers' homes or office for consulting.
I'm a designer, architect, and owner of an interior design and construction firm and I'd like to collaborate with Bonario. What should I do?
Bonario always welcomes and encourage collaborations with architects, interior designers, and construction firms to provide customers with the highest quality products and services. Please leave a message via our contact page Bonario - Premium Curtains and Wallcoverings, or call our hotline 0848777797 for detailed information about cooperation policy.
What are the origins of Bonario curtain fabrics and wallcoverings?
Wallcoverings, furniture upholstery fabric and curtain fabrics come from all over the world, from Asia (Vietnam, Thailand, China, Korea, Malaysia...) to Europe (France, Italy, Turkey, Germany...), with a wide range of quality standards and prices.
How is my purchase’s warranty coverage at Bonario?
Any purchase at Bonario will gain its following service, maintenance, and warranty. In addition, there will be a difference in warranty coverage varied by different product lines. Customers possibly preview detailed information about the warranty of each product before making any decision. Furthermore, Bonario offers extended support of additional warranty services such as the quality of construction and installation technique which will result in peace of mind of users during usage periods.
Does Bonario have representatives?
Yes, our specialists will directly bring samples and demo models to your home and construction site. During your sample selection, Bonario sales team will inspect the construction in order to get the dimensions for quotation and propose the best solution for your project.
I live outside Ho Chi Minh City, how can I make an order and get delivery of fabrics, curtains or wallcoverings?
Bonario is always available to customers who live outside of Ho Chi Minh City. In fact, customers can provide us with door-frame measurements or current conditions, and then we will consult and send quotations of the best recommendation. In addition, your orders will be delivered under assurances of undamaged condition and on-time arrival. We accept banking online payment; full payment is always required before any shipment is executed.
Curtains/Blinds Related Question
What are the benefits of Bonario’s premium curtains?
The benefits of our premium curtains are blocking sunlight, UV filtering, heat resistance, decoration as well as protecting our furniture, and household items. Moreover, the curtain also maintains privacy for its owner during family activities. Curtain plays an essential role in home decoration since its area and colors often make up for at least ¼ of our home space. Also, choosing a suitable set of curtains for the overall design, function, needs, and preferences helps the owners to represent their aesthetics, personalities, and egos.
Some types of voile curtains, combi curtains offer the ability to control the sunlight in your place more flexibly, allowing soft light into the house at will, and a person inside can also observe the outside scene through the thin voile fabric.
Is it possible to apply curtains in windows with corners, special shapes?
At Bonario, we offer various options that will suit diverse types of windows designed with corners, special shapes and doors such as arch doors, L corner doors, atriums, roof doors, attic doors, skylights, etc.
What does the unit price of Bonario curtains include?
The unit price of curtains includes curtain rod, accessories, curtain fabric, processing fee for sewing - steaming - ironing, installation, warranty, and shipment. Bonario guarantees that there will be no additional charges after signing the contract for customers in Ho Chi Minh City.
How does Bonario quote for the square meter and the horizontal meter?
The quotation of premium curtains will be reported in 2 formulas: Long meters (horizontal meters) and square meters (m2).
- For common fabrics and door frame height below 2.7 meters, the curtain will be quoted in long meters (horizontal meters), the length will equal to the length of the curtain rod.
- For imported fabrics and the door frame height is greater than 2.7 meters, the curtain will be quoted in square meters (m2), with the length equal to the length of the curtain rod, and the height equal to the height from the curtain rod to the bottom of the curtain.
The quotation for a square meter of curtain will help customers visualize the cost clearly, and more accurately than the horizontal meter. For example, with a 3 meters width and 5 meters height doorframe, the price will be quoted by the square meter (m2), not by the long meter (horizontal meter).
One meter across the curtain requires how many meters of fabric? (Waves)
The wave of the curtain is popularly set at 2.8 which we can easily understand that a 1-meter curtain requires 2.8 meters of fabric. This parameter is a standard parameter, ensuring that the curtain is both beautiful and does not take up too much space. The total thickness of a regular curtain is about 20-22cm, including a 14-16cm wavy main curtain and a 4-5cm voile curtain placed behind it.
How is the process of sewing - steaming - ironing curtains processed at Bonario? What stages are included?
Bonario's sewing - steaming - ironing process with 100% of products is processed by an industrial sewing machine (which is a large-capacity sewing machine, with a 4 meters-long running table for fabric handling, not a personal sewing machine which is smaller), thereby, the seam will certainly be assured more accurately, twice as qualitative as usual, for thick fabrics as well.
Additionally, two curtain edges will be folded 4cm as well as its legs/heads folded 10cm with another 2cm backup. The top of the curtain is also lined with a 10cm stretch of flexible plastic along the width of the curtain in order to shape the curtain waves, and help the curtain head less wrinkled. The color of the fabric seam is required to be the same as the curtain’s main color.
After sewing, the curtain is steamed with a steamer at a temperature of 130 degrees Celsius, so as to create waves, helping the curtain to be made evenly and beautifully right from the moment it is hung at the construction site.
In the following step, the curtain is ironed flat before being transported to the construction site. Depending on the chosen type of curtain, Bonario offers an option of steam ironing the curtain directly at the construction site before completing the project.
What types of premium curtains does Bonario offer?
Bonario is proud of offering a full range of engaging solutions for your space, from apartments, townhouses, and villas to business projects such as hotels, showrooms, halls, resorts, agencies, offices, etc.
- Fabric curtains (brocade and satin curtains): including fabric curtains, voile curtains, water-fern shape, etc. are types of curtains that use locating rollers, pleated, ore, eyelets, sliding eyelets, etc. horizontally drawn.
- Blinds: including vertical roller blinds such as Korean Combi blinds, Honeycombs, Wooden blinds, Aluminum blinds, Imitation wood plastic blinds, Office roller blinds, Roman blinds, etc.
- Other special curtains include Honeycomb partition, Stage curtain, Queen curtain, Royal curtain, Logo Printed roller blinds, Laser Cut curtain, Vertical Leaf curtain, Panel curtain, Japanese Kitchen curtain, etc.
What is a ceiling concealed curtain?
Ceiling concealed curtain is a term that refers to ordinary curtains or blinds that are not only able to display outside but also hidden inside a ceiling drawer designed by the plaster laborers. The height and width of the ceiling drawer will be made around 20-22cm, which is enough to cover all curtain accessories such as rails and curtain heads. The option ensures increasing aesthetics, modernity, and a neat feeling for the curtain installation area.
How long does it take to make a curtain set?
It depends on your fabric and accessories choices. If they are available in stock, we will process and install them from 5 to 7 days (excluding Sunday). If you choose to import fabrics, it will take 2-4 weeks since the contract is signed.
How can curtains be properly protected and cleaned?
There are 2 ways like vacuuming and laundry curtains. Vacuuming curtains is easier, you may do it yourself at home with a powerful vacuum cleaner or with unwashed curtains. Meanwhile, washable curtains should be cleaned every 3-6 months using specialist equipment and detergent to ensure that they are anti-dust. You should contact Bonario or a professional cleaning service to clean and keep the highest quality of curtains and accessories after washing.
What are the benefits of curtain motor?
Curtain motor has 3 advantages:
- Convenience: Using a remote or smartphone to adjust curtains in your house without having to move many times, especially in the morning and at night when sleeping.
- Aesthetics: the motorized curtain set will limit the hand zipper, and motorized drapery tracks are a perfect space saver, bringing elegance and modernity to the home space.
- Consistency: Motorized curtains connect to an easily-integrated smarthome systems network can be controlled by voice, has an open and close timer, a third stop, and other features that provide users with optimal comfort.
What are the different types of motorized curtains?
Curtain motor has motorized fabric motor and motorized blinds
- Motorized fabric curtains: used for types of horizontal curtain (brocade curtains, voile curtains...): the motor consists of a circular cylindrical traction motor mounted on either side of the curtain rod, completely covered by the wave curtain. Some motors contain smart home capabilities, such as an opening and closing timer, a third stop, and so on, that may be used to control curtains in addition to the standard remote. The motor has three different wire types: 3-wire, 4-wire, and 5-wire with a LAN connector for connecting to the local network, internet, Wi-Fi, and smart home systems. Pulling power ranges from 35W to more than 90W, which is sufficient to draw tiny curtain sets such as voile ones to 3m high ceilings and heavy materials such as velvet. The maximum length of a motor rail is 7.5 meters. One rail can be used for 2 motors.
- Motorized blinds: used to roll fabric down vertically (aluminum blinds, wooden blinds, rainbow blinds, honeycombs blinds, ...), this sort of motor operates similarly to a rolling door and is installed in the roller curtain so that it can be seen from the side. It also has functions like motorized fabric curtains, moreover there is a battery-operated type (rechargeable after about 6 months), which can still work when the power is out.
How do motorized curtains work?
The central controller gets a signal from smartphone or remote, the system will control:
- With roller blinds: turn the gears and draw the curtains up/down.
- With curtain fabric: two gears at opposite ends move the curtain rod's belt, pull the ball, and the curtain rope moves, allowing you to open and close the curtain as desired.
Remote or smartphone, which device can be used to control my motorized curtains?
With a basic motor, you can control by remote that operates the same mechanism as a rolling door. With a modern one, you can use the manufacturer's app to operate it, or you can connect it with a smart electric in your house to synchronize the interface and set up advanced functions include a third stop, an automated open/close timer, and voice control, …
How long is the warranty on the curtain motor?
Bonario provides a 5-year 1-to-1 motor swap and a 2-year warranty on accessories, curtain rails, and controls. Bonario professionals will arrive in Ho Chi Minh City's inner city to take care of the situation. Please read the Warranty Policy for further information in other provinces.
What is included in the motor price? Is it included installation cost?
The tractor, 2-head attachments, rails, and controls, as well as the cost of building, installation, and on-site configuration, are all included in the engine's selling price. Chinese motors are simple to configure and have the best price, whereas ones imported from Japan and Europe (Germany, France, the Netherlands, etc.) are more expensive, have more features, and are of the highest quality.
How to measure the amount of wallpaper needed for my walls?
First, you will need to measure each wall by multiplying the width and height of the walls (WxH). Then you will calculate the area of each roll of wallpaper by multiplying the length and width (size) of the wallpaper, this parameter is always available in each roll of wallpaper At this point, divide the wall area by the area of a roll of wallpaper, you will get the amount of wallpaper needed.
However, when applying wallpaper, the horizontal - vertical pattern repeats, as well as in the applying process, it will likely take more wallpaper when corner-cutting, double cutting, usually approx. 10-15% more than the initial estimated wallpaper weight. To calculate the final volume, you should take the number of rolls of wallpaper (or the number of square meters of paper just calculated) plus 10-15% to get the actual wallpaper volume needed.
For example, you have 3 bedroom side walls that need to be applied with background paper and 1 main wall that needs to be applied with special wallpaper. Each wall is 4m wide and 3m high. The side walls using Japanese wallpaper with a length of 50m and a width (0.92m paper size). The wallpaper used for the main wall is European paper, the length of each roll is 10m, the width is 0.53m (paper size 0.53m). The calculation is as follows:
- Side walls: total area: 3 * 4 = 12m2, 3 walls * 3 = 36m2. So, the amount of Japanese wallpaper needed is 36m2 + 10% = 39.6m2. Japanese wallpaper sold by meter length; each meter long has a width of 0.92m. Therefore, the amount of Japanese wallpaper needed is 39.6 / 0.92 = 43.04m of paper.
- Main wall: total area 3 * 4 = 12m2. So, the amount of European wallpaper needed is 12m2 + 10% = 13.2m2. Eu wallpaper is sold in rolls, each roll is 10.05m long * 0.53m wide. Area of each roll = 5.32m2. The number of European paper rolls needed is 13.2 / 5.32 = 2.48 rolls. So, we need to buy 3 rolls. Excess paper will be saved for patching and maintenance during use.
This wallpaper calculation formula is for reference only, used when you want to calculate the amount of wallpaper to estimate the total budget for wallpaper decoration. For more accuracy, Bonario specialists will come to the site to study the current status, recalculate the wall area, and calculate the exact amount needed for each type of wallpaper you choose.
What is the vertical repeat index - what is the pattern in the wallpaper?
Each pattern or "cotton" printed on the wallpaper (fabric) has a vertical and horizontal repeat that determines its length. All wallpaper must have this parameter. The vertical repetition index is more flexible and can range from 0 cm (very small motifs up to 10 cm, 20 cm, 35 cm with larger patterns, to as large as the length of the scroll (if it's a mural), whereas the horizontal repetition index is typically a divisor of the width (paper size). For example, Japanese wallpaper with a size of 0.92 m, the pattern repeats every 3.8 cm, 7.6 cm, 15.3 cm, 30.8 cm, 48 cm, and 92 cm. In order to match the design and trim the surplus wallpaper during construction, the technician must move the wallpaper up and down, therefore the larger the pattern, the more wallpaper will be lost. The amount of wallpaper that needs to be glued is often lost in the area by 10–15 percent.
What are the benefits of wallpaper?
Wallpaper has many outstanding benefits compared to paint or other wall decoration methods, the most prominent are the following advantages:
- Styles, patterns, colors are very diverse. Wallpaper is imported from developed countries around the world, where the culture of wall decoration with wallpaper has been flourished for a long time, so the wallpaper has a variety of colors and patterns, as well as rich texture, stretching in different styles and themes.
- Flexible prices: wallpaper comes in a variety of prices that can satisfy each customer’s demand and budget. There are many brands from popular to high-end with prices ranging from economical to ultra-premium.
- Human health and safety: Korean, Japanese, American, and European wallpaper all have very strict raw material standards so that the product is safe for people, especially adults and children. Standards, such as Oeko Tex, Sustainable Material, VOC, Confidence in textile, VOCs, ... ensure that during use, no emissions or paper dust are harmful to health.
- Environment sustainability: the raw materials and the wallpaper production process all have eco-friendly, environment-friendly standards such as using sustainable material, guaranteeing products that are safe for the Earth's environment and ecosystem.
- Easy cleaning, maintenance, and repair: contemporary high-end wallpaper lines are covered with vinyl, so it is very durable, limiting scratches and tearing during use, easy to clean, wash, and replace when the paper has problems with leakage, water absorption, ... Customers can be completely assured of the maintenance and repairs during the period of use.
- Easy to change the design: wallpaper is usually applied with specialized adhesive, so it is easy to remove and replace with another wallpaper and has little impact on the background wall. Therefore, transforming living space with popular styles and trends will become simple with significantly reduced costs.
How to preserve the wallpaper?
Before, during, and after the installation of the wallpaper, the following points should be taken into consideration for its maximum durability:
- The wall surface must be flattened before gluing; flushing and priming with a coat of moisture-proof primer are recommended. This paint layer will adhere to the wallpaper and effectively shield the wallpaper's interior during use.
- Avoid exposing the wall surface to direct sunlight for extended periods which causes the wallpaper to peel off and fade.
- Do not position furniture such as tables, chairs, and shelves against wallpaper; instead, allow a little gap between them and the wall or place thin foam to prevent rubbing and scratching.
- To remove stains from walls, use a clean cloth dampened with water or mild liquid soap. Strong detergents should be used cautiously while wiping because they can easily tear or fade the wallpaper.
Can wallpaper be cleaned with water?
The structure of wallpaper typically consists of 2 sides, the paper base (the part in contact with the wall) is typically non-woven fabric or woven fabric which is treated to make it simple to apply, depending on the type of wallpaper and the manufacturer's instructions. The wallpaper will readily peel off if it is exposed to significant amount of water (wall penetration, leak, ...). On the other hand, Vinyl is often applied to the right side of the paper, making it simple to wash with water. Before cleaning with water or cleaning agents, carefully read the usage and maintenance instructions to select specific wallpaper brands from Europe.
If the wall surface gets wet from the inside out, can the wallpaper be glued?
When the wallpaper is glued to a wet wall, the stickiness will decrease and it will quickly and easily peel off, even becoming significantly unaesthetic when the water penetrates the front of the wallpaper, causing color damage. To minimize the effects of water on the wallpaper substrate, you should apply a waterproof primer or entirely resolve the source of moisture before applying wallpaper to a wet wall.
Is it possible to apply the wallpaper on an uneven wall surface?
Wallpaper covers the wall's surface, thus if the wall is not flat or smooth, there will be many protrusions that will damage the wallpaper's aesthetics. To ensure a successful wallpaper installation, you should first smooth the wall (bowl, putty, plaster, primed, sanded flat, etc.).
What surfaces can wallpaper be applied to?
Wallpaper can be pasted on surfaces like wood, plastic, mica and glass; in addition to typical water-painted walls.
How long can a wallpaper last?
The lifetime of the wallpaper depends on the manufacturer's recommendations. Normally, wallpaper imported from Japan, the US, and Europe, have a durability of over 5 years.
What is the size of one roll of wallpaper?
Wallpaper has many different paper sizes, usually 1 roll will have the following dimensions:
- Korean wallpaper: size 15.5m * 1.06m (sold by roll)
- Japanese wallpaper: size 50m * 0.92m (sold by meter length)
- American wallpaper: size 27.2m * 1.32m (sold by meter length) - size 8.2m * 0.68m (sold by roll), and many other wallpaper sizes. American wallpaper is commonly measured in yards or inches, you need to convert to meters for ease of calculation.
- European wallpaper (Germany, France, UK, Belgium,...): 10.05m * 0.53m, 10.05m * 0.68m, 50m * 1.32m, and many other sizes.
- Some wallpaper will be customized in size depending on your requirements.
How long does wallpaper installation take?
The wallpaper installation process is quite fast compared to painting and other wall decoration methods. On an average of 8 hours a day, a technician can paste 80-120m2 of walls (about 2-4 bedrooms or living rooms). If the project has special cases such as applying wallpaper on walls (over 3m high), ceilings, or removing old wallpaper and smoothing walls, the time will be longer.
Can wallpaper be applied to walls without plastering?
Because the wallpaper will readily pull off when pasting, the surface of the cement wall should not be directly glued. To acquire greater aesthetics and height, you should smooth, prime, or finish paint before gluing the wallpaper.
Can wallpaper be applied to ceilings?
Wallpaper can be attached to ceilings, high walls, and floors over 3 meters, although this requires more time than vertical wallpaper. To reach the best level of effectiveness during construction, experts will employ scaffolding, tall ladders, and other specialized equipment.
Can I install wallpaper by myself?
You can install wallpaper on your own at home. However, in order to achieve aesthetics, cost effective and to solve most problems requiring experience, you should contact a technician for advice and on-site construction.
Does peeling off wallpaper damage the paint and walls?
Depending on the type of paint and the wall, it might or might not peel off during disassembly. There are two ways to apply new wallpaper: peel the old one off or paste it on top. The best course of action is to remove it, assess the condition of the wall, treat any convexities, and then apply the new wallpaper.